National Scholarship Portal: National Scholarship Portal is a step taken by the govt. To bring all the scholarships provided by the Govt. Of India under one roof. It is a hassle-free platform that ensures the timely disbursement of scholarships with proper transparency. The National Scholarship Portal is a one-stop for all the scholarship related services such as student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of different scholarships to students.
In order to apply for any of the scholarships, students must register themselves compulsorily on National Scholarship Portal. The candidates will be provided with an Application ID which will be their master ID to apply for any scholarship and therefore must be retained safely by the students.
LATEST UPDATES: LAUNCH OF NSP 2.0
National Scholarship Portal(NSP 2.0) has introduced certain changes, now the option of Fellowship is available on the official website of NSP. The fellowship is a Financial Aid granted for pursuing higher education based on the Academic Achievements of the Eligible Candidates. The candidates meeting the conditions will be able to apply for both Scholarship and Fellowship offered by National Scholarship Portal once the Fellowship Portal is made available for accessibility.
LATEST SCHOLARSHIPS ON NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities- Opening Soon
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses- Opening Soon
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities- Opening soon
- Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities- Opening Soon
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Student- Opening Soon
Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Financial Assistance for Education of the wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM workers Post Matric – Opening Soon
- Financial Assistance for Education of the wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM workers Pre Matric- Opening Soon
- Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh- Offline
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students- Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students)- Only for Scholarships- Opening Soon
- Department of School Education & Literacy
- National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education- Scheme Closed
- National Means cum Merit Scholarship- Opening Soon
- Department of Higher Education
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students- Opening Soon
- WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles- Opening Soon
- RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for RPF/RPSF- Opening Soon
- University Grants Commission
- Ishan Uday- Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region- Opening Soon
- University Grants Commission- MHRD
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child- Opening Soon
- PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (1st and 2nd Rank Holders)- Opening Soon
- PG Scholarship for SC ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses- Opening Soon
- Ministry of Human Resource Development- AICTE
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Degree) for Technical Education- Opening Soon
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma) for Technical Education- Opening Soon
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Degree) for Technical Education- Opening Soon
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differently Abled Students (Diploma) for Technical Education- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for OBC Students- Bihar- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students- Bihar- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for SC Students- Bihar- Opening Soon
- Pre- Matric Disability Scholarship (State Sector)- Uttarakhand- Opening Soon
- Pre Matric Scholarship for SC Students (State Sector)- Uttarakhand- Opening Soon
- Pre Matric Scholarship For ST Students (State Sector)- Uttarakhand- Opening Soon
- Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (State sector 50% and Central Sector 50%)- Uttarakhand- Opening soon
- Pre Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Centre Sector)- Uttarakhand- Opening Soon
- Pre Matric Scholarship for ST Students ( Centre Sector)- Uttarakhand- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students- Uttarakhand- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students- Uttarakhand- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students- Uttarakhand- Opening Soon
- NEC Merit Scholarship Tripura From 10-04-2018 – Apply Now
- Pre Matric ST Scholarship Schemes- Opening Soon
- Post Matric ST Scholarship scheme- Opening Scheme
- Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students Tripura- Opening Soon
- Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students Tripura- Opening Soon
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC)- Opening Soon
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre Matric Scholarship for Schedule Tribe Students- Karnataka- Opening Soon
- Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students- Karnataka- Opening Soon
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children- Pre-matric Scholarship for ST Students- Meghalaya- Opening Soon
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children- Post Matric Scholarship For ST Students- Meghalaya- Opening Soon
- Pre Matric Scholarship for needy ST Students of Class IX & X – Apply Now
- Post Matric Scholarship(PMS) for ST Students – Apply Now
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students- Pre-matric Scholarship for ST Students- Arunachal Pradesh- Opening soon.
- Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students- Post-matric Scholarship for ST Students- Arunachal Pradesh- Opening soon.
- Scheme for Award of Stipend to the Schedule Tribe Students of Arunachal Pradesh- Opening Soon
NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME GUIDELINES FOR ELIGIBILITY
The below table shows the minimum eligibility required of a candidate scholarships through the National Scholarship Portal. Students fulfilling the scheme signifiers of various ministries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
POST – MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS
|Parental Income||Primary Supporting Doc||Amount Variation||Previous Year Percentage||Quota|
|Disabilities||2.5 lakh||Disability(>40%) Certificate||1. Course Group & Hosteller/Day Scholar
2. Degree of Disability
|Higher Education||6.0 lakh (4.5 lakh non-creamy)||SC/ST/OBC Disability Certificate||NA||Applicable||82000 (50% girls, SC 15%, ST 7.5%, OBC 27%, Disability 3%)|
|Minority Affairs||2.0 lakh||Parental Income/Religion Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar||Applicable||30% girls|
|Labor||1.0 to 1.2 lakh||Worker’s ID Card||Gender||NA||NA|
TOP- CLASS SCHOLARSHIP
|Notified Institute||Parental Income||Primary Supporting Documents||Amount Variation||Previous Year Percentage||Quota|
|Disabilities||197||6 lakh||Disability(>40%) Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar
Degree of Disability
|Social Justice and Empowerment||207||4.5 lakh||SC Certificate
|Minority Affairs||85||2.5 lakh||Parental Income/Religion Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar||Applicable||60000
Community Wise Quota) & 30% girls
|Labour||All professional courses||1 to 1.2 lakh||Worker’s ID Card||Fixed||NA||NA|
|Tribal Affairs||146||4.5 lakh||ST certificate||GOV/Private Institute||Applicable||1000|
|PMSS-WARB||All professional courses||NA||Parental Office ID Card & Docs
Previous Year % Certificate
|Gender||Applicable||5000 (category wise preference)|
|Ministry/Department||Parental Income||Primary Supporting Doc||Amount Variation||Previous Year Percentage||Quota|
|Disabilities||2.0 lakh||Disability(>40%) Certificate||1. Hosteller/Day Scholar
2. Degree of Disability
|Minority Affairs||1.0 lakh||Parental Income/Religion Certificate||Hosteller/Day Scholar||Applicable||30% girls|
|Labor||1.0 to 1.2 lakh||Worker’s ID Card||Gender||NA||NA|
|School Education||1.5 lakh||Parental Income Written Test||NA||Applicable||100000|
The National Scholarship Portal has launched a facility which provides Online Application Form for the students to apply. An easy facility has also been made to transfer the amount to the student’s account. Students have to log in and register in the panel to receive the benefits of the Government’s Scholarships. They will have to fill in the details which are then asked. This article will provide the information about how to apply for the National Scholarship Portal Application Form.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
- To apply for an Online Scholarship
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal.
- Now Login using the Login Credentials (This step can be performed if you have already registered yourself).
- For a new user, he/ she need to perform the Registration Process by entering certain details like – State of Domicile, Name of the student, Date of Birth, Community/ Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, Day Scholar/ Hosteler etc.
- After the completing the Registration process, a temporary Registration number will be given to the student or the applicant.
- The applicant will be then given a Permanent Registration Number on their registered Mobile Number in the form of SMS. After the completion of the Registration Process, the Old Temporary Number will not be valid anymore.
- Now login using the Registration Number and the Date of the Birth in order to log in to the National Scholarship Portal.
- After Logging in, enter all the required details which are mentioned below:
- Personal and Bank Account Details- Here the candidates will enter their correct personal and bank information to which the Government will transfer the scholarship amount.
- Academic Details- here the students will enter their previous and present academic details.
- Details of the Scheme- A list of the scholarship scheme will be displayed on the screen as per the validity of the student, educational qualification and region.
- Uploading of the Documents- A Candidate can apply for more than one scholarship. After the selecting the respective scholarships, on the next page appears the list of the documents that have to be uploaded
- Contact Details – Enter the correct contact details and submit the form.
- Take the printout of the application form. If the applicant wants to check his/her application status then they can use “Check your Status”.
National Scholarship Portal Application Submission Process
It is very important to submit the application in an appropriate format. Before the submission, candidates are required to check and confirm the full form and see if any errors are present. After the submission of the application form, no candidate will be allowed to make any changes in the application form. Candidates can successfully submit the application form by clicking on the “Submit Button”.
National Scholarship Portal Application form
To apply for different scholarships when available, candidates must register themselves on the National Scholarship Portal. Then they will be provided with one Application ID after registration, this Application ID will be required for applying to any of the scholarships. It is however advised that one fill all the information correctly. After final submission, there will not be any provision for correcting it.
Candidates will have to ensure that he/she has all the scanned documents ready while filling the application form.
HOW TO FILL THE REGISTRATION FORM
- Visit the official website of National Scholarship Portal – www.scholarships.gov.in.
- On the homepage, Click on “New User? Register” option.
- After clicking on it, guidelines for registration will be displayed. Go through them and Click on the “continue’ button towards the end.
The applicant will be required to provide the following information in order to register:
- State of Domicile
- Name of Student
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YY)
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Number
- Bank IFSC Code
- Bank Name
- Email ID
- Scholarship Category (Pre-matric/ Post-matric/ Top Class)
- Scheme type (Scholarship/ Incentive)
- Identification detail (Bank account number or Aadhar card)
If the bank account number is chosen as an identification detail, the candidate has to upload the scanned copy of the first page of the bank passbook in PDF and JPEG format in maximum 200kbs in size. They are also required to upload a scanned copy of their Aadhaar Enrollment ID.
- Now click on the ‘Register’ button. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. This OTP will be required while logging for the first time.
- A temporary registration number will be generated which will be needed until the application process is completed and a permanent ID is created.
HOW TO FILL THE NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL APPLICATION FORM
After completing the registration process, proceed to fill the Application form. The applicant will have to Log in to his/her account using OTP and the temporary registration ID to fill the application form.
In the application form, the candidate will have to fill in the following details:
- Personal Details and Bank Account details
- Academic details
- Scheme Details
- Upload Documents
- Contact details
Personal Details and Bank Account Details
In this section, the applicant shall have to enter the following details:
- If you are an orphan
- If you are disabled
- Type of disability
- % of disability
- Marital Status
- Profession of Parents
- IFSC code and Bank Account Number
The following details will have to be furnished regarding the academic profile:
|Select your institute||Present Class/Course||Present Class Year|
|Mode of Study||Class start date||Previous Board/ University Name|
|Previous class/course||Previous passing year||Previous class %|
|10th Class Roll no||10th Board Name||10th Year of Passing|
|12th Class Roll no||12th Board Name||12th Year of Passing|
|Competitive exam qualified||Competitive exam year||Competitive exam score|
|Admission Fee||Tuition Fee||Miscellaneous fee|
Based on one’s educational qualification and status (Disabled/Minority/ST/SC) the schemes available to apply will be shown. Candidate can opt for as many scholarships that he/she wishes for. However, only one scholarship will be granted from the choices made by the applicant
Documents to be Uploaded
On the basis of the scholarships that the applicant have selected, the documents to be uploaded will be shown on the next page. Upload scanned copies of all the documents asked for.
The following documents may have to be uploaded by you:
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Institute Verification form
- Self-declaration of income certificate by the students
- Self-declaration of the minority community by the students
- Self-attested copy of previous academic marksheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Proof of bank account in the name of the candidate
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card
The following contact information must be entered by you:
- House No./Street No etc.
Printing and tracking the National Scholarship application form
After successful completion of the application procedure, click on the “Print your Application” to take a printout of the online application for future reference.
The applicant can also track the status of the application form for the different scholarships by clicking on “Check your status”.
It is not necessary to complete the application form in one sitting. Candidate can log in anytime to the account and complete the procedure.
Scholarships Offered Under various Schemes on National Scholarship Portal
The National Scholarship Portal offers various scholarships under various schemes are as follows:
|S.No||Name of Scholarship|
|1||ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region|
|M/O Minority Affairs|
|1||Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities|
|2||Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for MinoritiesClosed|
|3||Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS|
|D/o Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|1||Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities|
|2||Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities|
|3||Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.|
|M/o Social Justice & Empowerment|
|1||Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students|
|Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|1||Post Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Beedi Workers Welfare Fund|
|2||Post Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Cine Workers Welfare Fund|
|3||Post Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under IOMC Workers Welfare Fund|
|4||Post Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under LSDM Workers Welfare Fund|
|5||Pre Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Beedi Workers Welfare Fund|
|6||Pre Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under Cine Workers Welfare Fund|
|7||Pre Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under IOMC Workers Welfare Fund|
|8||Pre Matric Scheme For Award Of Scholarships Under LSDM Workers Welfare Fund|
|Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|1||National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students)|
|D/o School Education & Literacy|
|1||National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education(NSIGSE)|
|2||National Means Cum Merit Scholarship|
|Department of Higher Education|
|1||Central Sector Scheme Of Scholarships For College And University Students|
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs|
|1||Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles|
|RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway|
|1||Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF|
|S.No.||Name of Scholarship|
|1||Free education for sports medal winners|
|2||PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child|
|3||PG Scholarship University Rank Holders|
|4||PG scholarship for SC/ST Students for Pursuing Professional courses|
|5||PG Scholarship for GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing ME/Mtech/Mpharm|
|UGC – Department of Higher Education|
|3||Post-Doctoral – Fellowship for Women|
|4||BSR Doctoral – Fellowship in Sciences|
|UGC – D/o Higher Education|
|1||Fellowship Schemes of AICTE|
|2||Fellowship Schemes of UGC|
|3||Kothari PDF in Sciences|
|UGC – Indian Statistical Institute, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation|
|1||B Stat(Hons)/B Math(Hons)|
|2||M Stat/M Math/MS(QE)|
|3||M Tech (CS)/MTech (QROR)|
|4||Post Graduate Diploma in Stat|
|7||Special Research fellowship|
|1||Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (DEGREE) For Technical Education|
|2||Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (DIPLOMA) For Technical Education|
|3||Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (DEGREE) For Technical Education|
|4||Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (DIPLOMA) For Technical Education|
|S.No.||Name of Scholarship|
|1||Pre-Matric Disability Scholarship (State Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|2||Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (State Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|3||Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (State Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|4||Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (State Sector 50% and Central Sector 50%)-Uttarakhand|
|5||Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Center Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|6||Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (Center Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|7||Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students-Uttarakhand|
|8||Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students-Uttarakhand|
|9||Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students-Uttarakhand|
|1||Pre-Matric St Scholarship Schemes|
|2||Post-Matric St Scholarship Schemes|
|3||Post-Matric Scholarship For Sc Students Tripura|
|4||Post Matric Scholarship For Obc Students Tripura|
|5||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Post Matric Scholarship For For Economically Backward Classes (EBC). – Tripura|
|1||Centrally Sponsored Scheme Of Pre-Matric(Ix & X) Scholarship For Scheduled Tribe Students-Karnataka|
|2||Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For St Students-Karnataka|
|1||Umbrella Scheme For Education Of St Children – Pre-Matric Scholarship (CLASS Ix & X) For St Students – Meghalaya|
|2||Umbrella Scheme For Education Of St Children – Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) For St Students – Meghalaya|
|1||Pre Matric Scholarship for needy ST Students of Class IX & X|
|2||Post Matric Scholarship(PMS) for ST Students|
Important Points about National Scholarship Portal
Some of the important facts of the National Scholarship Portal are as follows:
- Candidates who come under the Government Scheme Guidelines are eligible to apply for the Online National Scholarship.
- The closing dates of the submitting the Scholarship Forms are available in National Scholarships Portal.
- The applicant can apply for the National Scholarship online by visiting the official website- www.scholarships.gov.in
- Candidates have to click on the option “Student Login” on the homepage of the National Scholarships Portal. Fill in the application form as per the instructions click “Save” after filling all the details. After saving the details, candidates will receive a “Temporary Registration Number”. Using the Temporary ID and the Date of Birth, candidates can fill in the details. Once the registration is complete, a Permanent Registration ID is generated. This can be used for the Renewal procedure and be tacking the status of the Application.
- In the Renewal procedure, the students have to apply with their Bank Account Number and Date of the Birth which they have used in the previous registration process. Students can also use “Forgot Registration ID to retrieve their ID.
- Candidate can make the changes in the application form till the closure of the application form. No changes will be accepted after the submission of the application form.
- He/she can use the “Temporary ID” for editing the application form and for further “Forgot ID” can be used to retrieve the “Registration ID”.
- The fields which are marked with a red asterisk “*” is mandatory to be filled.
- If there is any mistakes or errors in the application form after the submission, then one needs to separately inform the mistakes of the Institute/ District/Region/ State. The Software provides the facility at the level of the Institute/State to edit and correct the information.
- Except some of the basic parameters like religion, Name of the Institution, Parental Annual Income and Bank Details, the Institute/ State can edit other fields. The corrections can be made by the Institute/ State, this will be conveyed to the student through SMS/E-mail.
- The software provides the facility to save application form at every stage. Thus, any applicant can fill the application form in as many sittings as he/she wishes.
- Providing Aadhaar Number is optional for the students in order to fill up the application form online. The Aadhaar is a 12-Unique Digit Number that is assigned after the de-duplication of the Bio-metrics. Students can also apply for the Scholarship without an Aadhaar Number.
- A Temporary Registration Number is just a Reference Number that is provided to the applicants as a token of their registration in the Online Database. The receipt of the Temporary ID does not give itself a guarantee for the award of scholarship.
- A Permanent ID is provided to the candidates once if his/her application is recommended by the State Department for Scholarship. Students must memorize the PID during the renewal procedure.
- One cannot apply for Fresh if he/she is a Renewal Candidate. The application forms will be rejected in that case.
- If in case, if the applicant does not find the name of his/her Institute in the Drop-down menu then contact with the Nodal Officer of that State where the Institute is located. One can also approach the Nodal Officer of the State through an e-mail under intimation to the Ministry. If the Institute is eligible, then the concerned State Government Officer will enter in the Database.
- The Name and the Address of the respective Nodal Officer/ State Department will be available in the “Services”- Know Your State Nodal Officer” option.
- One can check the Status of the Application Form by submitting his/her Permanent ID.
- To view the details of a “Particular Scheme” click on particular Ministry from the bottom scroll bar and click on more info button.