Jamia School Entrance Test is conducted by School Department of Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi. The Board Examinations of Class 10th and Class 12th conducted by Jamia Millia Islamia are recognized by C.B.S.E. and considered equivalent for admission/employment purposes. Students interested in admission can fill the applications for admission into Class VI, IX and XI are accepted through online mode only.
Students need to appear in a common entrance test (written) for admission to Classes IX and XI, in all the three Senior Secondary Schools of Jamia. Whereas Students seeking admission in class VI need to appear for admission test conducted for Syed Abid Hussain Sr. Sec. School (Self-financed) Merit for admission is based on marks obtained in the test.
The following schools have been established by Jamia Milia Islamia where education from Nursery to Class XII is provided:
- Mushir Fatma Nursery School KG-I, KG-II
- Jamia Middle School Class I to VIII
- Jamia Senior Secondary School Class IX To XII
- Syed Abid Husain Sr. Secondary School Class prep. To XII
- Jamia Girls Senior Secondary School (Urdu Medium) IX to XII
- Balak Mata Centres Nursery, Class 1st – 5th and other craft courses
Important dates of JMI School Admissions 2018
Admission Schedule 2018-2019 is released by Jamia School Admission Authority.
|Notification date||The third week of February|
|Application form for JMI School Admissions availability||February 2019|
|Last date of application||March 2019|
|Editing application form||March – April 2019|
|Entrance Test for Class 9th||May 2019|
|Entrance Test for Class||May 2019|
|List of selected and waitlisted students to be released on||June 2019|
|Admission of selected students||June 2019|
|First waiting list admission||June 2019|
|Second waiting list admission||June 2019|
|Spot round admissions||July 2019|
|Classes begin||July 2019|
Dates for completion of admission of internal students
Following are the dates for internal students of Jamia Schools to complete the admission procedure for all the three schools to the next class (in case of promotion) or in the same class (in case of failure) are:
|S.No.||Class||Last Date For Payment of Fee|
|1.||VI, X & XII (Promoted from V, IX & XI)||30 April 2018|
|2.||X & XII (Passed in Compartmental Exam of IX & XI)||11 May 2018|
|3.||IX (Internal Candidates Promoted from Class VIII or failed in Annual/ Compartmental Exam of Class IX)||30 April 2018|
|4.||XI (Promoted from class X or failed in Annual/Compartmental Exam of Class XI)||31 July 2018|
|5.||XI (Internal Candidates who Passed in the Compartmental Exams of Class X)||Within 10 days after the declaration of Compartmental Exam Result of Class X|
No. of expected Seats available for External Candidates
|Classes / School||Jamia Sr. Sec. School||Syed Abid Husain Sr. Sec. School||JamiaGirlsSr.SecSchool||Additional Seats under Self-Fin. Scheme Jamia Girls Sr. Sec. School|
Requirement of Marks for Admission
For Class 9th:
- Students need to have a passing certificate of previous class i.e. Class 8th qualifying exam for admission to Class 9th
- Students need to have overall 41% or grade C2 in the aggregate of all subjects as well as 41% or grade C2 separately in English subject
For Class 11th for all streams:
- Students need to have a passing certificate of the Class 10th qualifying board exam from state board or national board.
- Students need to have overall 41% or grade C2 in the aggregate of all subjects and not less than 33% in any of the subject.
- For commerce and Arts stream, students must have 41% or grade C2 in English subject.
- For science stream, students must have 41% or grade C2 in the science subject.
Freeship / Half Freeship – 20% students (Boys) and 25% students (Girls) of Jamia Sr. Secondary School who cannot afford or bear their own expenses will be given/granted half freeship or full freeship. But, if the behaviour of the student is not satisfactory the freeship maybe cancelled.
Students Aid Fund- In Jamia School, an amount of Rs.100/ shall be charged from the students at the time of admission. The needy students of Jamia Schools shall be provided financial assistance out of the fund collected if required and extraordinary performance of the children.
For admission to class VI and IX, the Birth certificate issued by the previous school and for class XI, the date of birth as mentioned in the certificate of class X issued by the Concerned Board of Examination will be validated.
Subject-wise Break-up of Marks for Admission Test for class VI, IX and XI
|Test Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Environmental Studies (EVS)||50||50|
|Mathematical and Numeracy skill Test||25||25|
CLASS XI Science
CLASS XI ARTS
CLASS XI COMMERCE
Process for submitting the online application form for admission to classes VI, IX and XI
- The candidates can submit the Application for admission online at Jamia Millia Islamia’s website www.jmicoe.in
- The Application fee may be paid either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking or through E-Challan generated during the filling up of the form online.
- The Application Fee once received successfully at JMI’s end is non-refundable and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained.
- The JMI shall only refund the Application Fee in cases of failed transactions identified at JMI’s end.
- Candidates are advised to carefully read and follow the instructions provided online during the Form Submission Process. 1) During the registration process, the following information/details should be available with the candidate:-
- A valid and readily accessible Email Id.
- Working Mobile Number
- Copy of candidate’s colored passport size photograph (min 5KB and max 100 KB in size) in JPG/JPEG format with white background.
- Softcopy of candidate’s signature (Min 5KB and Max 100KB in size) in JPG/JPEG format
- Any required correction(s) except in “Name” and “Date of Birth” in the registration information may be made before the payment of the Entrance Application Fee. Once the fee is paid no correction will be allowed in the registration information.
- Once the admission form is successfully submitted, the system will send an email bearing the unique Registration Number and Password to access the account to the registered email ID. Using this Registration Number and Password, the candidate may log in to the Portal and proceed to apply for class and stream of his/her choice and pay the Entrance Application Fees.
- Entrance Test Fees may be remitted through Online Mode using Credit Cards/ Debit Cards/Net Banking.
- In case of submission of online form through Cyber Café, the candidate is also advised to get the form filled in his/her presence and provide his/her contact information such as email and mobile number wherever required.
Categories of Reservations
As a consequence thereof, the reservation of seats for admission to all the courses shall be as under:
A) i) 50% of the total number of seats are reserved for General Category students
ii) 30% of the total number of seats in each course shall be earmarked for the applicants who are Muslims
iii) 10% of the total number of seats in each course shall be earmarked for the women applicants who are Muslims
iv) 10% of the total number of seats in each course shall be earmarked for the applicants of “Other Backward Classes” (OBC) and Scheduled Tribes who are Muslims (as per the notified list of the Central Government)
B) 3% of seats in all courses shall be reserved for Differently-abled Persons in accordance with the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995.
Reservation and Relaxation Under Special Provisions
(i) Kashmiri migrants are required to apply and go through the entire admission process. Their admission will be considered over and above not exceeding 5% of the total seats in the program and not be exceeding two seats in programs offered by the school.
(ii) Candidates seeking admission under this category will not be required to submit domicile Certificate. However, they will have to submit a certificate in support of their claim of being Kashmiri migrants obtainable from the registered Divisional Commissioner of the concerned State/Union Territory.
Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir
(i) Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir are required to apply and go through the entire admission Process. Their admission will be considered over and above not exceeding 2 seats in each class and streams offered by school.
(ii) Candidates seeking admission under this category will be required to submit a state-domicile certificate in support of their claim of being from Jammu & Kashmir.
Categories with their respective codes are as under
- General – G
- Muslims – M
- Muslim Women – MW
- Muslim OBC/ Muslim Scheduled Tribe – MO
- Differently – Abled Persons – DP
- Kashmiri Migrant – KM
- Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir – JK
Admission under Sports Category
Admission to Classes IX and XI in Jamia Schools under Sports Quota in the following games are available for good players and sportspersons, who have represented their Region/State/Nation at Senior/Junior/Sub-Junior level in the preceding two years provided they have passed the qualifying examination:
(iii) Basket Ball
(iv) Cricket Total 10 seats for admission to Class IX and 5 seats to Class XI have been earmarked over and above the sanctioned strength.
Candidates seeking admission under sports quota will have to undergo sports trial to be conducted by the School for this purpose. The prescribed application form for admission along with guidelines/ details, if any, may be obtained from the Office of the Sports Officer, Jamia Sr. Secondary School, Jamia Millia Islamia.
Syllabus for Admission Test
The candidates are advised to check the syllabus before appearing in the examination. So that they can have an idea of the paper. The syllabus for the examination will be based on NCERT. There will be 100 multiple choice objective questions in all test papers.
To check the syllabus go to the given link below:
Jamia Middle School
Jamia Middle School was established on 29 October 1920 at Aligarh. Later on, it was shifted to Karol Bagh, Delhi, where the foundations of Primary Education were laid down.
The school is a co-educational institution consisting of Primary and Middle Section with Classes I to VIII. Each class has four sections. It has boarding facilities for boys of classes VI onwards. As computers have almost become synonymous with present-day life, they are taught right from IV standard.
The school building is aesthetically and traditionally designed and has all essential facilities for children. It has Mathematics, Science and Computer laboratories and also Art, Craft, Music, Home Science, Yoga and Sports rooms.
Jamia Senior Secondary School
Jamia Senior Secondary school was established by great visionaries like Dr. Zakir Hussain, Maulana Mehmood Hasan, Maulana Mohammad Ali Jauhar and Gandhiji who dedicated their lives to the wholesome development of the youth of our country.
The aim of the school is to give students a sound intellectual, physical and moral education so that they turn out to be responsible and upright citizens. The aim of the school is to develop the personality of the students and to inculcate in them a sense of self-reliance and self-confidence.
The School has its own Board to conduct Xth and XIIth standard examinations and managed by the University especially to cater to the educational needs of the children of the surrounding localities.
Syed Abid Husain Sr. Secondary School
The school provides education from class I to class XII. It offers a base for higher academic pursuits and job-oriented education. Apart from the diversity of its curricular, great emphasis is laid on the preparation of projects and students are encouraged to participate in crafts. Remedial teaching and career guidance are special features of the school. The medium of instruction is English and it follows the pattern of CBSE.
The school in its mission statement speaks of service challenges, Academic Excellence, Adventure, Creativity and positive attitude.
Jamia Girls Senior Secondary School (Urdu Medium)
Jamia Girls Senior Secondary School functioning with classes IX to XII in the month of August 2008 with the objective of imparting higher education to the minority community girls and it is gratifying to note that since its inception, the school has very well served this objective. The girl whose education was discontinued after eight standards just for the reason that the parents were apprehensive in sending their girl child to a co-educating school has found a place for fulfilling their dreams of educating their daughter. Being an exclusive girls school they can easily move around in school.
School’s environment is holistic, student-friendly and very supportive. Jamia Girls Senior Secondary School which started with an intake of mere 55 girls and a staff of six teachers in its first year 2008, is imparting education to 400 girls with a staff of 27 teachers since the year 2013.