AMU School Admission 2018-2019: Aligarh Muslim University is one of those Universities that are concerned with the overall development of all aspects of the personality of a child and not just on packing up information in their heads without imparting any real knowledge. In AMU, knowledge is above all. Students are motivated to live up to their potential. They are not just taught but inspired. They are allowed to explore their interests and not forced to follow what others have set up as a path. They are encouraged to create their own footprints. And for this very reason, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that guardians would like to put their kids in such a brilliant system from their roots.
AMU School Admission 2018
You must fill up the AMU School Application Form as per procedure in order to get admission to the school and submit it along with the documents which are required for the respective school before the last date.
The admission process for 1, 6, 9 & 11 in AMU begins with the Payment of application fee. The Application Fee is to be paid online. The fee is non-refundable and is different for each class.
Check Aligarh Muslim University – Directorate of School Education Notices and Circulars Here.
- S.T.S. School
- AMU City School
- AMU Girls School
- Saiyyid Hamid Senior Secondary School (Boys)
- Senior Secondary School (Girls)
- City Girls High School (Qazi Para)
- Ahmadi School for the Visually Challenged
- AMU ABK High School (Boys)
- AMU ABK High School (Girls)
- Abdullah School
Schedule for AMU School Admission 2018
|Class 6||Class 9||Class 11|
|Last date for submitting an online application for all classes||09 February 2018||09 February 2018||09 February 2018||First week of march|
|Last date for submitting the application form at the counter by person||10 February 2018||
|Last date for submitting the application form at the counter by post||15 February 2018||
04 March 2018
11 March 2018
|18 March 2018||
29 April 2018
The candidates can download the admit card from the official website. It is only after verification of the eligibility that the candidate would be considered for admission. The exam date, venue, timings everything will be given in the admit card of the candidate.
The application form for AMU for class 1, 6, 9, & 11 is available online only. The form has to be submitted through online mode. Candidates are advised to check application form before final submission. Candidates must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the application form.
Instructions for filling the application form
Candidates need to log in and fill the following details besides the registered details –
- Alternate e-mail id (other than the already registered)
- Aadhaar Number of the student
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Alternate Mobile Number
- Correspondence address (for post purpose)
- Permanent address including Pin Code
- Hostel Accommodation (if required)
Documents to be submitted
- Recent passport size photograph
- Signature and Thumb Impressions
- Date of Birth certificate
- Mark-sheet of qualifying examination
- Special Category documents
For class 1
- The candidates must be of the age between 5 to 7 years on 31 March 2018 i.e the date of birth of the candidate must lie between 01 April 2011 to 31 arch 2013.
For class 6
- Educational Qualification – Passed class 5 from a school which is recognised and registered by a government authority.
- Age Limit – The candidates must be of the age between 10 to 12 years as on 31 March 2018 which means that the date of birth of the candidate must lie between 01 April 2006 to 31 March 2008.
For class 9
- Educational Qualification – Passed 8 from a school which is registered and recognised by a government authority or approved by an examination board.
- Age Limit – The candidates must be of age between 13 to 15 years as on 31 March 2018 which means that the date of birth of the candidate must lie between 01 April 2003 to 31 March 2005.
For class 11
- Educational Qualification – Secondary School Certificate of this university or equivalent examination with not less than 45% marks in aggregate of English, Science and Mathematics took together.
- Age Limit – The candidate must not exceed 19 years as on 01 July in the year of admission.
For class 1
- The written test contains 25 objective/subjective type questions on English, Arithmetic, Urdu and GK.
For class 6 & 9
The written test will be having two sections :
- Section I – It will be of 30 marks comprising 30 objective type questions of one mark each on languages like English, Hindi & Urdu.
- Section II – It will be of 70 marks comprising 70 objective type questions of one mark each with the following break up:
- Mathematics- 35 marks
- Science- 35 marks
For class 11
- There will be one objective type paper of 100 marks comprising 100 questions with the following break up:
- Social Studies- 60 marks
- Mathematics- 20 marks
- General Knowledge- 10 marks
- Indo Islamic Culture- 10 marks
For class 1, 6 & 9
The selection of the students will be conducted through admission test. The total merit will have the following components:
- Written test- 100 marks
- Interview- 25 marks
For class 11
The students of class 11 will be selected through admission test and allocation of the stream will be offered to them through the process of counselling.
Admission to Ahmadi School for the Visually Challenged
Admissions are open to visually challenged boys and girls of the age group of six to nine years in Sensory Development class (SD). Candidates with earlier Schooling can also be considered for admission up to class ninth on the recommendation of the screening committee of the School. Eligible candidates can apply for admission on the prescribed form with the following documents:
- a) Medical Certificate of Blindness issued by the Chief Medical Officer.
- b) Five passport size photographs.
- c) Date of Birth Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- d) Transfer Certificate in case of earlier Schooling at the time of admission.
- e) Income Certificate of the parents.
- f) Address proof (Copy of Ration Card/ Driving License/ Copy of Passport/ Aadhar Card /Voter ID Card/ Bank Passbook/ Employment ID Card )
- g) Photograph of the candidate with parents
- h) Any other relevant document.
For class 1, 6 & 9